Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
Energy Exchange 2017
Tampa Convention Center
Exhibit Hall Dates – August 14-16, 2017
1. MANAGEMENT: MC² is acting as an independent contractor for Energy Exchange. The principal purpose of the conference is to offer attendees the opportunity to examine the latest vendor offerings and to be educated in the most recent services available to the industry. No exhibitor will engage in any activity inconsistent with this principal purpose. The exhibitor will comply with all instruction of management and of the Tampa Convention Center personnel concerning all aspects of the use of Exhibit
2. SPACE ASSIGNMENT: Allocation of available space will be made on a first-come, first served basis. Every effort will be made to assign the exhibitor to one of its chosen spaces: however, MC² reserves the right to make the final space assignment or change the space assignment after the acceptance of the application.
3. BOOTH CONSTRUCTION AND EQUIPMENT: A Standard Booth is approximately 9′ deep by 10′ wide; consisting of 8′ high draped back wall and 33′ high side dividers. The rental price of the booth includes a 7′ by 44′ inch sign listing the exhibitor’s name and booth number. All display fixtures and equipment over 4′ in height and within 10 linear feet of an adjoining booth must be confined to the back half of the booth. Any portion of the booth that is unfinished and visible must be draped or suitably decorated at the exhibitor’s expense. No exhibitor will block the sightline from the aisle of any adjoining exhibitor. Inline booth exhibits or equipment may not exceed 8′ high.
4. POSITIONING OF EQUIPMENT WITH RELATION TO AISLE: Machines or equipment operated or demonstrated at any time during show hours will be placed so that no portion is closer than 12 inches to an aisle. No obstructions will be placed in any aisle, exit, passageway, lobby, or in passageway leading to any fire extinguishing equipment.
5. DEFAULT OCCUPANCY: Any exhibitor failing to occupy space contracted for is not relieved of its obligation of paying for such space at the full rental price. MC² shall have the right to use such space as it sees fit to eliminate blank space in the exhibit hall, provided such space is not occupied by 3:00 PM on Monday, August 14.
6. USE OF SPACE: Exhibits will be shown only in the official exhibit area. Booths and exhibiting activities are subject to the requirements and instructions of the Tampa Convention Center pertinent to the use of exhibit facilities.
7. SUBLEASING OR SHARING: Subleasing or sharing of any space by exhibitors is prohibited.
8. INSTALLATION AND DISMANTLING: Complete details will be included in the Exhibitor Service Manual. Exhibit booths must be staffed during all open show hours; no exhibitor will be permitted to dismantle prior to the close of the show on Wednesday, August 16, 2017. Any exhibitor violating this regulation may be denied exhibit space in future MC² expositions. Exhibits may be installed beginning Sunday August 13, 2017 1:00 PM. All exhibits must be completed by 3:00 PM on Monday, August 14, 2017 and any exhibit space that is not occupied at that time may be reassigned by MC². Dismantling may begin following the closing of the show and all exhibits must be completely off the floor by 7:00 PM on Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
9. EXHIBIT STAFF REGISTRATION: Exhibit Staff registration will be available May 2017. Each 10×10 booth will receive 2 full conference complimentary registrations. Anything above the complimentary registrations will be charged $100 for exhibit hall only badges and $395 for a full conference registration.
10. CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF EXHIBITION: If for any reason beyond its reasonable control including fire, strike, earthquake, damage, construction or renovation to the convention center, government regulation, public, public catastrophe, act of God, or any similar reason will not subject MC², or the Tampa Convention Center to any damages or liability of any kind. In the event of such cancellation, the exhibitor waives any and all damages and agrees that MC² may, after deducting all costs and expenses, including a reserve for claims, refund to the exhibitor its pro-rata amount of all funds paid by all exhibitors, which will constitute complete settlement to the exhibitor.
11. EXHIBITOR’S PROPERTY: Neither MC², the Tampa Convention Center, or the affiliates and subsidiaries of each, nor the officers, directors, agents and employees of each will be liable for damages, loss or destruction to the exhibitor’s exhibits or other property by reason of theft, fire or other casualty, Acts of God, accident or other destructive causes and each exhibitor will lease booth(s) at its sole risk.
12. LIABILITY: The exhibitor will be liable for any and all damages to the Tampa Convention Center building and facilities and the furniture and fixtures contained therein which will occur through acts or omissions of the exhibitor, its agents, employees or invitees. Neither MC², Tampa Convention Center, the affiliates and subsidiaries of each, or the officers, directors, agents and employees of each, will be responsible for any injury, loss or damage that may occur to the exhibitor, the exhibitor’s employees, agents or invitees or the exhibitor’s property, however caused.
13. INSURANCE: Exhibitor shall, at its own expense, secure and maintain through the term of this contract, including move-in and move -out days, the insurance listed below. All such insurance shall be primary of any other valid and collectible insurance of Exhibitor and shall be written on an occurrence basis. Claims made policies are not acceptable and do not constitute compliance with Exhibitors obligations under this paragraph. (A) Comprehensive General Liability with limits not less than $1,000,000 each occurrence,$2,000,000 aggregate, combined single limit bodily injury and property damage, including coverage for personal injury, contractual, and operation of mobile equipment and products. (B) Automobile Liability insurance with limits not less than $500,000 each occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage, including coverage for owned, non-owned and hired vehicles, including loading and unloading operators.
Comprehensive General Liability and Automotive Liability insurance policies shall name as certificate holder MC², and its subsidiaries. If requested, copies of additional insured endorsements, primary coverage endorsements and complete copies of policies, satisfactory to MC² shall be furnished to MC² sixty (60) days before the first day of the Event. Certified copies of the Certificates of Insurance or policies shall provide that they may not be canceled without 30 days advance written notice to MC².
14. CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE: Certificates or other satisfactory evidence of insurance naming MC² and Tampa Convention Center as certificate holder for the above insurance coverage’s required to be submitted to MC² must be furnished to MC² on or before July 14, 2017 and will provide that there will be no cancellation or modification thereof without at least thirty days prior written notice to MC and the Tampa Convention Center. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. FIRE, SAFETY AND HEALTH: The exhibitor assumes all responsibility for compliance with local, city and state ordinances and regulations covering fire, safety and health. All exhibit materials and equipment will be reasonably located within the booth and protected by safety guard and devices where necessary. Only fireproof materials will be used in displays and Exhibitor will take all necessary fire precautions.
16. FLOOR LOAD: The floor load limit is 300 pounds per square foot static weight. An exhibitor who plans to show equipment, the weight of which will exceed the floor load restriction, must position it on suitable wood or stall supports of sufficient size to properly distribute the weight over a required area, such support to be approved. In all cases, the exhibitor should present complete information to the Tampa Convention Center sufficiently in advance to enable engineering analysis.
17. REGISTRATION OF VISITORS: MC² shall have sole control over admission policy at all times. All persons visiting the Expo session rooms and the exhibit area as well as exhibitor personnel will be required to wear an appropriate badge while in attendance.
18. SAFETY GUARDS AND PROTECTION: All persons attending the exhibits must be properly protected from injury. Any piece of machinery on display that has movable parts must have adequate safeguards to protect the public from injury throughout the exhibit period.
19. RESTRICTIONS: Exhibitor agrees to obtain all necessary licenses and permits to use music or other copyrighted or protected material in exhibitor’s booth or display.
Exhibitors may not use audible electronics, mechanical apparatus (including company products or equipment), which may be heard outside the exhibitors assigned space. MC² reserves the right to turn off open sound systems if they are annoying to surrounding exhibitors. All interviews and demonstrations of exhibit materials, including distributing of literature or samples, must be made within the booth area as assigned to the respective exhibitor occupying the space. The canvassing or distribution of advertising matter outside the exhibitor’s own space will not be permitted. Additionally, MC² reserves the sole right to limit or cancel exhibit space if such space is used to display material of any nature that is deemed to be inappropriate for MC² convention. This includes, but is not limited to, printed materials, equipment, signs, objects of art, costumes or abbreviated clothing worn by booth personnel. Exhibitors will not schedule, foster or conduct outside activities that would take qualified attendees from the exhibit during exhibit hours. Food products or beverages are not to be distributed in any exhibitor’s booth unless the detailed plans and arrangements for such distribution have received prior approval by MC² and Tampa Convention Center.
Raffles, drawings and contests are not to be conducted unless the detailed plans and arrangements for them have received prior approval from MC². Exhibitor will comply with all applicable rules, regulations and requirements of the Tampa Convention Center, including but not limited to the following: audio or visual recordings, safety regulations and shipment(s) of freight in the building.
20. INDEMNIFICATION: Exhibitor will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MC² and Tampa Convention Center and affiliates and subsidiaries of each the officers, directors, agents and employees of each from and against all loss, claims, causes of action, suits, damages, liability, expenses and cost, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or out of any violation or infringement (or claimed violation or infringement) by the exhibitor, exhibitor’s agents or its employees of these RULES, or of any patent, copyright or trade .
21. INTERPRETATION AND AMENDMENTS: MC² reserves the right to interpret or amend these regulations as is deemed proper to ensure the success of the exhibit and further its educational purposes.
22. PAYMENT: Applications must be accompanied by full payment of the total rental fee within 15 business days. Applications received after July 14, 2017, full payment is due with the application. A fifty percent (50%) refund will be given for any cancellation or booth downsizing received prior to July 14, 2017. No refunds will be given after July 31, 2017.
Show management will strive to locate Exhibitor’s by their preference and to provide distance from direct competition. However, Show management reserves the right to make changes in the floor plan and assignment in order to best serve the interests of the show and its collective exhibitors.